I made a 30 before 30 list on paper once about a year ago. And promptly lost it. In reading Betsie’s blog this week, I came across her list and decided to redo mine. So here goes:
1. Go to a Jimmy Buffet concert. He’s not my favorite singer, but I want to say that I’ve tailgated with Parrot Heads.
2. Buy a DSLR camera and take a photography class.
3. Go see one play with my mom and one with Jon.
4. Go to two states I haven’t seen before. (Wish list: New York and Hawaii. A girl can dream.)
5. Lose at least 40 more pounds. I hope for more, but I’d be thrilled with 40. 6. Run two miles. I have a knee that barely avoided surgery, so even that is pushing it, but darnit, I want to RUN!
7. Sew at least one item–the pathetic dog bandanas I’ve done don’t count.
8. Take a cooking class.
9. Cook five new recipes that I normally wouldn’t give a second thought to because they look complicated (for me, this might be something with more than four ingredients!).
10. Get pro portraits of the puppies (humans can be included).
11. Get pro portraits of my family (parents, brothers, Jon and me).
12. Get promoted.
13. Try a fabulous new restaurant in the city (I’ve heard lots of good things about Frontera Grill).
14. Donate $500 to the animal rescue where we adopted our dogs.
15. Read Great Expectations, Anna Karenina and Catcher in the Rye–all books that an English major probably should have read.
16. Get published in at least one place under my own name. I am a ghost writer at work, and I want to see my own name listed as author just once. A guest blog post counts.
17. Volunteer to do something helpful at church. This could include their PADS nights, Sunday school or something I haven’t thought of yet. This also necessitates GOING to church every now and then.
18. Refurbish a piece of used furniture.
19. Make a snowman.
20. Go sledding.
21. Stay on the elliptical for at least an hour (40 minutes is about my breaking point currently. I’m either exhausted or bored.)
22. Take a girls’ trip–even if it’s just one night.
23. Surprise my husband with a great gift.
24. Send flowers to a friend just because.
25. Leave a 100% tip.
26. Organize my office/craft room (if I start now, I just might finish by 30).
27. Buy an LBD that’s at least two sizes smaller than what I wear now (and the important part–be able to fit into it!).
28. Send a card to at least three people telling them how much I care about them and how glad I am that they are in my life.
29. Get a hot stone massage.
30. Ride my bike for 16 miles without stopping.
Quote: “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” ~Henry David Thoreau