Since I’ll be officially (re)starting Weight Watchers tomorrow, I thought it might be good to put in writing the myriad reasons I want to lose weight. Then, whenever my willpower is lagging and I’m questioning why I’m even trying when I’ve failed every time before, I’ll have a concrete list to refer to, as a reminder of exactly why this is worth it. And why *I* am worth it.
So, without further ado and in no particular order, I want to lose weight:
1. So I can fit comfortably in an airplane seat and not feel like I have to apologize profusely to the poor soul forced to sit next to me
2. So I can ride all the roller-coasters in the world with no worries as to whether I’ll need a seatbelt extender (I’ve never needed one, but I did need to sit in one of the larger-size rows on The Hulk in Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. To this day, I break out in cold sweats thinking about it.)
3. So I can go clothes shopping and buy outfits simply because I think they’re gorgeous–not because they’re the few items in the store that flatter me. (Seriously, how do thin people not go broke? I’d buy EVERYTHING if it fit me.)
4. So I can “match” the rest of my family. My brothers and cousins are all amazingly attractive. If I could lose the weight, I feel like I’d fit in better.
5. So I don’t feel the need to make fun of my own weight before someone else gets the chance to judge me based on it
6. So I can love all the pictures I take the time to scrapbook—and not worry about holding my purse in front of my stomach or cropping off the tummy bulge
7. So I can feel pretty. I wonder what that’s like.
8. To improve my health
9. To be able to have kids
10. To be so proud of what I have accomplished
11. So I can take multiple flights of stairs without getting winded
12. So running a mile doesn’t sound almost as impossible as running a marathon
13. To prolong my life so I can enjoy every minute with my husband, family and friends
14. For professional advancement (my company has never judged me on my weight, but I’d be terrified to interview elsewhere because we’ve all seen the 20/20 specials where the fat girls don’t get the job, despite evenly matched qualifications)
15. To feel like I have control over food, not vice versa
16. So I can stop comparing all the Biggest Loser contestants’ weights to my own
17. To look on the outside how I feel on the inside
18. To feel more confident in social settings
19. To play sports without feeling like a fish out of water
20. To have more energy!
So, there you have it. Just a sampling of the many reasons it’s finaly time to do this. What items are on your list?
Quote: When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” ~Author Unknown. Source: www.quotegarden.com