Lately, my focus has been on all that I need to improve in my life. Today, I’d like to focus on all that is perfect exactly as it is. This includes:
- My husband, whose goofy sense of humor never fails to make me laugh
- My adorable puppies, whose antics keep me endlessly entertained
- My incredible friends who make me feel special and important in their lives
- My amazing family, who are equal parts loving and hilarious (a special shout-out to my mom, who may be the best human being to ever walk this earth)
- My in-laws, who are absolutely nothing like the horror stories you hear about from the majority of other married people. They are welcoming, warm and wonderful.
- My job, which keeps me engaged, challenged and rewarded (seriously–with every other Friday off, I think I’ve hit the jackpot)
- My house, which, for all that I complain about my eternal commute, fits my personality and is a great place to live
- My neighbors, who have become good friends
- My grandparents–I am so lucky to have three still living. My grandpa who passed away was an angel on earth and surely is one in heaven now. They are all truly fantastic people.
- The new church we’re attending, which manages to meet my stringent demands for both tradition and liberalism. This one is widely accepting, ordaining gay and lesbian pastors, and the services have both modern and traditional elements. I love it!
I am truly blessed. With the gifts all wrapped, the cookies baked and the festive movies watched, I finally have a few minutes to reflect on the real reasons for all of this fun chaos. To my friends and family, thank you for making my life so full and happy. Merry Christmas!