Today is my interview to become a member of the Fittest Loser final 5. I haven’t prepped any answers for potential questions because I want them to be honest and not scripted. But, to keep me on track and keep my nervousness at bay, I created a vision board showing all the reasons I want to lose weight.
As it depicts, I WILL lose weight so that I can:
- Fit into the too-small bridesmaid dress for my brother-in-law’s wedding this May!
- Ride roller coasters without any fear whatsoever of a seat belt extender (never needed one, but came really close one time, and the shame was horrifying). I also want to make sure I fit on the new Harry Potter ride at Universal, and I hear the seats are significantly smaller than most rides.
- Shop at stores such as White House Black Market, Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic. I cannot WAIT to do this when I’m thin. Seriously, I’m normally not a big spender at stores, but I will be dangerous when I can fit into these stores’ clothing!
- Run a 5k–specifically for the rescue that saved our two precious pups! This takes place in September each year, so I have a good eight months to prepare.
- Sit on an airplane seat without worrying about getting dirty looks from the poor soul who sits next to me (note that I never HAVE received a dirty look, but I live in fear of one)
- Go bathing suit shopping and not cringe in fear as I head into the dressing room–and not have to look for something solid black and as un-attention-grabbing as possible.
- Have a baby! Hopefully one this cute. 🙂
I really recommend making one of these if you have a goal you’d love to pursue. Seeing all of these things stare at me from my fridge is going to be very helpful, and will make me think twice when I go to grab a snack. I’m not sure which photo is the most motivating at the moment–the bridesmaid dress (given that I need to fit into it in the very near future) or that too-adorable-for-words baby!