In a post here, I talked about the vision board I created prior to my Fittest Loser interview.
Here it is, in all its simple, no-frills, PowerPoint glory:
Now that I’ve been at this for about nine weeks, I thought it would be good to revisit the board and track my progress. Starting clockwise from top left, I wanted to:
- Fit into my way-too-small bridesmaid dress for my brother-in-law and soon-to-be-sister-in-law’s wedding. Update: IT FITS!
- Ride roller coasters without worrying about whether the chest harness will fit. Update: I’ve lost about 40 pounds since the last time I rode a roller coaster. The harness on that ride was very snug, but it fit. At 40 pounds down, it should fit a whole lot better. We shall see; I’ll be at Magic Kingdom and possibly Islands of Adventure in just over a month!
- Shop at “regular” stores. Update: I’ve dropped two sizes and I’m close to a third. I’m wearing size 16 pants and size 16/18 dresses. One or two more sizes, and I’ll be able to shop at these stores. Can’t wait!
- Lose enough weight to get my doctor’s approval to have a baby. Update: I DID IT! Two years ago, my amazing doctor addressed my weight issue in a very compassionate and caring way. At that time, he also mentioned that I’d need to lose 50 pounds to have a great chance at a healthy pregnancy. Today, I hit that 50-pound mark exactly. I am so happy and so proud. Much to my mom’s chagrin, that does not mean I’m about to have a bun in the oven. My husband is in school for another couple of years, and I want to reach the 100s and enjoy that lower weight for awhile!
- Ride on an airplane without worrying about the person next to me dreading a two-hour ride next to the fat girl. Update: I could tell yesterday that I fit more comfortably in Wrigley Field’s teeny tiny seats. That should mean that the plane ride coming up on May 12 will be more comfortable for both me and my seat neighbor!
- Go bathing suit shopping and not dread it. Update: We’ll soon see. My current bathing suits are too large and I need one for the Florida trip. Dress shopping was, surprisingly, a BLAST, so I’m hoping bathing suit shopping has improved slightly as well!
- Run a 5K. Update: I’m running one on April 23. I recently ran two miles, so my fear level about the whole thing has gone down quite a bit. My mom and I are doing a practice run on the course this weekend. Looking forward to it!
So, that’s my progress. All in all, I’m thrilled with all the changes that have taken place in such a short time. Several people have written and said they recognize themselves in my situation, and I hope this helps them see that, if I can do it, anyone can. Life is yours for the taking. Remind yourself of your dreams every day, and go after them! Huge changes might be just nine weeks away.