I follow the OWN network on Facebook (yes, I’ll happily admit it. Sappy and schmaltzy could have been my middle names, and there is plenty of that on the network!), and saw this today:
- Finding 11/22/63 at the library when I was planning to buy it on Amazon that night
- Chatting about a dream vacation with Jon…and wondering if we’ll actually take it or if we’ll decide to become parents first instead
- Sitting outside with Jon and friends eating grilled pineapple (yum!) and feeling the cool evening breeze
- Playing the Big Bang Theory game with said friends and laughing at our unparalleled nerdiness
- Being overcome with love for my puppy when she jumped into bed with me and laid her head on my shoulder
The little things mean a lot to me!
So let’s get to today’s, since this is technically day 1 of the project:
When Jon gave me a kiss before he left for work, pet the puppies, and told us that he wished he could spend the day with all of us instead.
Sometimes it’s easy to take for granted the good things in a marriage and focus on each other’s annoying habits and flaws instead. But I need to remember that I am very lucky to be married to someone who I really enjoy spending time with, and who still gives me a kiss and tells me he loves me before he goes to work each day–and many other times throughout the day as well.
The runner-up to my happiest moment was sitting in the pedicure chair, with my feet in the warm bubbling water–and later looking down at my freshly pedicured toes. And I’m already looking forward to another happy moment tonight: curling up on the couch with Friends With Kids and eating a dessert of angel food cake and fresh berries.
Tomorrow will be more difficult as I am not a big fan of Mondays. But I think this project will inspire me not just to appreciate my happy moments, but to pursue more of them. If I know I have to record a happiest moment, I am more inclined to make time in the day for things that make me happy.
So tell me–what is your happiest moment in the past week? What do you think will be your happiest moment this week?